Thanks for your interest in submitting a film to our festival. Please view the Official Submission Rules attached to this page. If you are submitting before the late deadline (Jan 1 - Jan 15th), your promo codes are below:
- Early Bird Submissions (Nov. 27 - Dec. 18) use code: Early Bird
- Reguar Submissions (Dec. 19 - Dec. 31) use code: Regular
After submission, you will receive a Flyer to share on social media. Use the Hashtag: #midsouthblackfilm
With your submission, you grant MBFF permission to screen your film at our festival. You will not be allowed to enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Mid-South Black Film Festival.
You must have obtained all clearances for exhibition and must certify that the work is original and no disputes regarding ownership exist in the film.
● Films must be available for screening during the 2021 festival.
● We accept unlimited submissions but each entry requires its own entry fee.
● We do not accept hard copy entries. The selected works will be exhibited digitally.
● We reserve the right to add subtitles via ADA Compliance for disabled/impaired attendees of the festival.
You must agree to allow clips or excerpts of your film (e.g. a trailer) to be placed on the MBFF website and social media platforms for promotional and marketing purposes. You also agree to allow MBFF to promote the following year’s festival with the above-mentioned clips and excerpts. MBFF will never solicit or screen your film outside of festival promotions without permission.
We prefer to show films with filmmakers in attendance for audience Q & A and publicity during the festival; unless otherwise noted due to COVID-19 regulations.
Submitting Via Form
We will only accept your submission files via a shareable storage link due to movie and video files being very large and high quality. Examples of free, shareable file links are Google Drive,
Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, WeTransfer is great if you do not have any of the storage files mentioned. These file options are available to global submissions as well. Please make sure you set the settings for the link as “can view and edit/download” so that we can download the
file should we choose to select it.
● Acceptance into the festival does not guarantee paid transportation or lodging for the event.
● Entry fees are non-refundable.
● No waivers are granted at this time.
● Gold Member Submissions are members of the Global Black Film Consortium of which you are eligible for GBFC incentives & resources.
Early Bird Deadline & Fees - Dec. 18
● Standard Submission - $20
● Gold Member Submission - $15
Regular Deadline & Fees - Dec. 31
● Standard Submission - $30
● Gold Member Submission - $25
Late Deadline & Fees - Jan.15
● Standard Submission - $45
● Gold Member Submission - $40
We will notify you no later than January 30th if your film is selected.